Covering your business auto and other commercial vehicles against losses is an important part of your business insurance portfolio. Many variations and options exist to assure that you have the right coverage for your vehicles for your particular operation.
Here at the Schaefer & Delauder Insurance agency in Germantown and Frederick, Maryland (Montgomery and Frederick Counties), we know your state's guidelines and we can help you sort out the options and create a policy that perfectly fits your needs.
It is important that your commercial auto insurance policy carry the same basic types of coverages that you carry on your personal vehicle insurance. They usually include:
- Comprehensive coverage – pays for theft or damage to your car caused by something other than a collision up to the limits of your policy.
- Collision coverage – pays for damage to your business automobile during an accident according to the terms of your policy.
- Liability coverage – covers damage that you cause to someone else’s vehicle or property up to the limits of your policy.
- Personal Injury Protection (PIP) – pays for injuries to you and your passengers and can cover lost wages, medical payments and even funeral expenses, depending upon your policy terms.
- Uninsured/Underinsured motorist coverage – further pays when an at-fault driver’s insurance is not sufficient to cover your loss.
Even though the basic types of coverages are much the same as your personal auto coverages, a policy for commercial car, truck, SUV and other business vehicles differs in many ways; and there are many possible variations and options, depending upon your business circumstances and needs.
With the many options and variations you have to consider for business vehicle coverage, you will find that the experienced representatives at the Schaefer & Delauder Insurance agency can make the process of purchasing commercial auto insurance an easy one. So why not contact us today to discuss your needs, get a review of your current policy and perhaps a quote of the best rates for your business needs?
The scope of your insurance coverage and options depend entirely upon the policy and the insurance company providing it. This website is not intended to advise, offer or bind coverage. You should always discuss your insurance issues with professionals such as a licensed and qualified insurance agent like those at Schaefer & Delauder Insurance before making any decisions or choosing a course of action.